The Executive Committee of Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) has considered the recommendations made by the five-member disciplinary panel and imposed a one-year ban on Kusal Mendis, Danushka Gunathilaka and Niroshan Dickwella, on several counts.
The panel found the three national cricketers guilty for breaching the bio security bubble during Sri Lanka's white-ball series in England and recommended with bans of two years for Mendis and Gunathilaka and 18 months for Dickwella in addition to a fine of US$ 25,000 each.
A day later the recommendation was made the Executive Committee made a final decision which states as following.
In the matter of Disciplinary Action against; Mr. Danushka Gunathilaka, Mr. Kusal Mendis and Mr. Niroshan Dickwella.
Consequent to the recommendations made by the Independent Panel of Inquiry appointed by Sri Lanka Cricket, Under allegations of;
1. Breaching Covid-19 safety guidelines, instructions & regulations of the team Management and by the said act putting into jeopardy the safety of said players, fellow team members and others involved in the said tour, and;
2. Violating the instructions & regulations of the team Management with regard to the team curfew by failing to be at the hotel room by 10.30 p.m.,
3. By such actions, bringing disrepute to Sri Lanka Cricket and the Country
The Executive Committee of Sri Lanka Cricket at its meeting held on Friday (30) has given due consideration to the recommendations of the Panel of Inquiry, and in further consideration of the impact to the individual players, and their contribution to the national team, have decided unanimously to impose the following punitary measures on the said three players:
1. A fine of Sri Lanka Rupees 10 Million for each player.
2. A One year Ban from all forms of International Cricket and a Six months ban from Domestic Cricket.
3. Upon completion of the said one year Ban, each player will be subjected to a further ban of one year from playing international Cricket which will be suspended for a period of two years.
4. Mandatory Counseling under a Doctor recommended by the SLC.